one world

purpose: to connect, create value, stretch, and witness the mundane magical

December 12, 2012

ways to reduce stress - increase groundedness

thanksgiving dinner in Santa Fe
Here's my list at the moment:

1.don't wear tight clothes - they stress me out
2. touch or grab my ankles or legs in a stretch
3. get enough sleep

4. arrive early
5. follow a schedule
6. schedule in regular social time

7. forget myself and love my partner specifically (get flowers, wash the dishes, give a massage)
8. breathe 20 breaths in between weight-lifting reps
9. emotionally feel grateful and happy - bring the feeling on

10. get out on a run
11. stop and take in breaktaking vistas
12. give myself time to cry - it's a good thing
13. get things done

14. review in my mind, what I've done, not so much what I need to do (I tend to obsess over the later), and be grateful
15. read a few pages of a book of my choosing
16. stretch

17. go stand in the corner windows overlooking Lake Union
18. keep a list of the things I've purchased and am happy for - pants, gifts, trips
19. do new things

20. research areas where I need help (non-violent communication, upcoming degrees, projects) - new specific knowledge is encouraging
21. keep my work area uncluttered
22. say goodnight every night to the one I love - usually with a kiss

23. every morning take time to stretch in front of the window upon first waking - breathe - awake gently
24. eat according to my values
25. exercise regularly - it's almost my religion - one of my sacred spaces

26. try to hear people's hearts, sometimes necessarily ignoring what they're saying
27. do my first things first

28. grieve when I must
29. dance when I feel like it
30. accept "I don't know" as an acceptable answer

31. take risks
32. acquire colorful and bold clothes
33. speak up

34. blog
35. meet new people
36. savor warm food

37. marvel at / share my night dreams
38. see a funny youtube video

farolitos for christmas
removing a sliver on a hike -
mundane magical moments
Raya and Luca, our gracious hosts
 

2 comments:

  1. You don't know me, but I lived in Mexico with your family and am good friends with Rita (which is how I found your blog). I've been reading for a while because your posts are so evocative and touching and they really inspire me to be a better person in every aspect of my life. This post is exactly what I needed today - particularly the part about trying to hear people's hearts, even if it necessarily means ignoring what they're saying. So I just wanted to say thanks for blogging, and for the touching post, and for saying exactly what I needed to hear.

    ReplyDelete