one world

purpose: to connect, create value, stretch, and witness the mundane magical

April 21, 2012

chile III of IV


We visited the Pablo Neruda Beach House - Isla Negra - not really a Black Island. Prominent black stones jutted out of the beach-line. The writer's sea-side home felt very personal, eclectic, creative, and like living art.

The red-doors portion of the house appears to be on wheels!  
Casey enjoying the sun as we step outside viewing the ocean .

Our well-informed and personable tour-guide -
who didn't hesitate to spice things up with fun details. 

After the tour - sitting towards the sea. Dang we're blessed. I don't forget it. 

Santiago night-scape from Providencia. 

Casey humoring me as I reminisce in the grocery store. 
I am most interested in seeing people in their every-day lives. I want to travel how they do, shop at their food stores, see their schools, hear street musicians, and sit at mainstream locales. 

When I see pictures of other countries, I'm only briefly interested in their postcards. I'd rather see pictures of how they get along, how women and men interact, what barriers still exist to human potential, how the wealth seems distributed, do people look happy, how is their time allotted? Candid snapshots or time observing can often reveal more than books of text.
Went back to my high school where I graduated and looked at the library yearbook.  A time to be grateful. 1. Grateful I'm not a high-schooler again. 2. Yet grateful for everything that was good and beautiful too. 
long-standing walk-ways
    

Pueblito Los Dominicos artisan marketplace

Golly I love man! 

A pleased pedestrian buys a CD from a street musician. 

No comments:

Post a Comment